Inflatable medical devices, made of transparent PVC, which can be effectively used to splint a broken arm or leg. ... read more
The Global Vinyl Council (GVC) promotes the value of vinyl products
and represents its members in advocacy actions world-wide.
To fulfill this mission, the GVC aims to:
- Identify and promote technologies and practices that will further improve the health, safety and environmental performance of the vinyl industry.
- Support performance standards, “best practice” models and successful programs that ensure all production facilities around the world operate to the highest standards.
- Fund and manage world-wide studies and programs supporting its objectives.
- Foster cooperation between member companies, governments and organizations to increase the understanding of vinyl and the industry.
- Advocate responsible lifecycle management (in the manufacturing, use, recycling and disposal) of vinyl products
- Promote the value of vinyl products to society. Communicate the benefits of vinyl products, and address related issues and concerns.
- Avoid discrimination and de-selection of vinyl products and ensure that a level playing-field is maintained.
- Provide technical information to support its members.
- Provide its members with a forum where they can seek information and support, and share experiences.
Learn More About Our Members
Check out the rollover information on each member...
The European vinyl industry recycled more than 481,000 tonnes of vinyl in 2014.
While PVC production increased 82% in 1987 in the U.S., vinyl chloride emissions declined 83% per unit since 1987.
Brazil recycles 19% of post-consumption PVC waste generated in the county.